Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Off to the MTC

Yesterday Dad & I were able to see Sister Bynum off at the airport for one last goodbye. It was an early morning...6:18am to be exact. Well, thats when Sister Bynum woke me up anyway.. Haha. Then it was off to the airport so she could make her 10 o'clock flight!

While waiting for her plane to get there we met an Elder on his way home from Brazil..poor Elder Hawkes had been traveling for a whopping 22 hours! It was funny because you could tell he was still thinking in Portuguese while we were discussing his mission. I couldn't help but wonder what Sister Bynum is going be like when she gets home. I really hope she comes home with a THICK authentic Romanian accent... Haha! :)

Sistah KK (as she is affectionately known at home) was fidgety with excitement the whole time we were sitting at her gate! It was just too cute! She tried so hard not to shed tears when it was time for the final goodbye... But with these faces around you...How could she?

I quickly snagged this cheese-tastic photo of Father & daughter before the plane started boarding--no tears yet!



Then Dad grabbed these FABULOUS photos of my sweet companion & me! Actually he took about 70.. But I wont subject you to ALL of the awfulness. This attractiveness should be enough! :)


After our early morning photo session we shipped her off to Utah for her last night of freedom! Sister Bynum met up with family for dinner and a sleepover with one of her favorite sisters, Elena!


Elena treated Sistah KK to what looks like a cute sister date before she headed off to the MTC (missionary training center)! I stole this photo from Facebook. Can you blame me? They're real precious..haha

I know Sister Bynum was so excited to start her 18 month journey today! 
& even more excited to get the coveted name tag!

If you guys would like to write her but don't know how there are so many ways to get in touch with her! 

  • Email-- Katie.Bynum@myldsmail.net
  • DearElder.com -- If you have any questions just ask me!
  • Snail Mail
          Sister Katie Ann Bynum
          NOV26 ROM-MLD
          2009N 900E Unit 135
          Provo, UT 84602

The next post should be from our beautiful missionary! Do you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask her?

XoXo, Ryan :)



2 comments:

  1. How do we email her at the MTC with the dear elder account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long to see this Carole! I added a link under Sora Bynum's photo that directs you to how to send her a letter on Dear Elder.com. You just simply put in her information from her snail mail address and it's that simple! :)

    ReplyDelete