Thursday, October 24, 2013

All Romanin all the time

  Wow the 1st week has already passed!! Some days it goes by fast and some days it goes by slow. having to wake up  for gym at 5:50 is no bine (good). My teachers only speak to us in Romanian so that is something that I was not expecting!!! I've only heard them speak to us in English a few times!! If only we could have a picture of all our faces on the 1st day trying to comprehend what they were saying!! It would be so funny!! Even now it is funny. They were tying to explain to us what coaching was, we didn't understand, so they tried again still in Romanian though.... We never got it :P On day 3 we started to teach an investigator aka one of our teachers, but we had to teach her ALL in Romanian. Lets just say there was  A LOT of laughing and hand gestures!!
  
My companion is pretty awesome she is from Texas, well all over really. We get only nicely which is good cause we have to be with each other all the time haha. 




Everyone in my district is AWESOME!!! We all have such a great time together! There are 5 Sisters and 4 Elders. So girls pretty much rule!!




   We have class about 6 hours a day all together in our classroom! We are in our classroom all day really. The classroom gets really boring after a while, but I love learning everything they are teaching, even if I don't understand half of what they are saying :P One of my teachers though is actually from Romania so that was exciting to hear! 




   We've taught Anca (our investigator) aka teacher about 4 times now and she wants to get baptized so that is good!!! We have one more lesson with her tomorrow so we have to plan a lesson!! I'm not sure what we are going to teach her. We went in yesterday with our lesson planned for the Restoration. but she had questions on baptism so we had to switch our whole lesson!! Which was really hard to do in Romanian when we can only say a few phrases. I think it went okay though. She had one question that we didn't understand so she just drew a picture for us. IT was a great drawing! we hung it in our classroom. 



   Nothing out of the Ordinary has really happened. Well I guess for me it wouldn't be out of the ordinary anymore anyway. I love wearing my name tag!! It's weird when I don't have it on now. We had a devotional last night and the speaker told us that our name tag is a license for us to open our mouths and speak to people, that people will be expecting us to do so. 





Funny Moment of the week:
There were so many but I guess I will just choose the one that made us all laugh for like an hour.
We were in our classroom supposed to be doing some kind of study but we had had a long long day and were just talking. Then we realized we needed to clean our room for inspection. Elder Duker (district leader) and his companion Elder Anderson went to go get the vacuum. You have to realize Elder Duker is a very serious person who took Latin for like 8 years and is always asking these questions that no one gets haha.  They come back in with the vacuum and goggles...
Elder Duker: Due to liability anyone using the vacuum or with in 10 ft of the vacuum has to wear these goggles. 
that got us going forever!!



Also just another quick one
The teacher was going around asking everyone what they were doing to prepare or what they were doing to study...
Elder Bonner: Reading the Dictionary
Teacher: Yeah that's not very effective 

Our district has so much fun!!!! but we learn a lot too!!!

I love you ALL!!!
Can't wait to hear from you all!!
Everything is GREAT!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!

Love, Sora Bynum

No comments:

Post a Comment